Town Lake (TX) Chapter Scholarship
Each year, the Town Lake (TX) Chapter selects a graduating African American High School senior, from the Austin metropolitan area, to receive the Town Lake (TX) Chapter Scholarship. The student must be in the top quartile of their class with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, graduating under the Recommended High School Plan and be involved in extracurricular activities. Financial need is also considered. Recipients receive a $5,000 annual scholarship for four years, for a total of $20,000. Additionally, the Chapter supports Huston-Tillotson University and Austin Community College with $2,500 scholarship awards to deserving students with academic promise.
Applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Be in the top quartile of class rank (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Be graduating under the Recommended High School Plan
- Be involved in extra-curricular activities
- Financial need is considered
- Relatives of The Links, Incorporated are ineligible to participate as a candidate for the scholarship
- All applicants need to disclose if they are related to a member of The Links, Incorporated and if so, how are they related
Only completed applications will be considered. Applications must include:
- completed application with one-page essay;
- SAT/ACT scores
- official high school transcript;
- original photograph; and
- a letter of recommendation from the student’s counselor or a teacher.
The annual scholarship is awarded in two-semester payments sent directly to the college/university. The scholarship recipient is required to maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 each year.
Please email the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com with questions regarding the application process.