The Town Lake Chapter awards a $20,000 scholarship ($5,000/year) to a graduating African American High School Senior from an accredited high school in the Austin metropolitan area.
The Town Lake Chapter will review applications from African American high school seniors attending a university or college in the Summer or Fall of 2017. Applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Be in the top quartile of class rank (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Be graduating under the Recommended High School Plan
- Be involved in extra-curricular activities
- Financial need is considered
- Relatives of Links, Inc. are ineligible to participate as a candidate for the scholarship
- All applicants need to disclose if they are related to a member of the Links, Inc. and if so, how are they related
Only completed applications will be considered. Applications must include:
- completed application with one-page essay;
- SAT/ACT scores
- official high school transcript;
- original photograph; and
- a letter of recommendation from the student’s counselor or a teacher.
Annual scholarship awarded in two semester payments will be sent directly to the college/university. The scholarship recipient is required to maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 each year. Applications MUST be POSTMARKED no later than March 22, 2017. Finalists will be invited to meet before the Scholarship Committee. Recipient will be notified and asked to attend an event in June to receive the scholarship award.
Please click here to download the scholarship application. All scholarship applications must be mailed to: (please do not email applications)
2700 Via Fortuna Drive, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78746